Sunday, March 8, 2009

Savannah is still waiting ...

I had the chance to see sweet Savannah at our dog adoption event yesterday. I had been looking forward to seeing her again. Yes, I confess I have a very soft spot for the overlooked black dogs (having 3 big black dogs at home already ... all my feeble attempts to foster with Pet Haven only to realize I can't let them go and I adopt them). If I could, Savannah would be another dog that would fall prey to my black dog -- black hole, as my home is affectionately referred to by fellow volunteers :)

All of our dogs are special, but yes, there are some that tug at my heart a little harder... Savannah is one of them. She came to us from rural Iowa -- one of the lucky ones saved from euthanasia.


There are simply too many dogs, and especially big black dogs... a phenomenon known as Black Dog Syndrome.

Savannah is a smaller "big black dog" :) Full grown she's a svelte 57 pounds. She is an absolute lover and would've let me hang out on the floor with her and rub her belly for the entire adoption event ... [darn those other dogs!]

Savannah is currently being boarded at one of our doggie daycare partners. She would really love to be in a foster home (or even better, an adoptive home!), with or without dogs, cats or kids. She is great with everyone ... I also sense she would do great having you all to herself. She would also love to train for the upcoming 5K-9 with Pet Haven's team The Fast and The Furballs on 5/31. Won't you give this sweet girl a chance to come hang out in your home, and you could train for the 5K run/walk together?

Savannah needs you. If you aren't able to foster her will you help us spread the word? Will you help us find Savannah a home to hang out with till she finally lands in her forever home. Now don't get me wrong, she says they are treating her very well at the doggie daycare -- a home is always better :)

For Savannah, since she has jumped a fence (I don't believe it was a very tall fence) we will need for you to either have a 6 ft fence or no fence at all ... as that would mean you will always be walking her on leash which is perfectly fine by Savannah! :)

For more info on Savannah you can read her bio. Or you email us at pethavendogs@yahoo.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment